Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pert, The Ole West, Australia

Rikki makes annoying ads and likes hilarious things.
She hates people who believe in star signs because a
tarot card reader once told her she was pregnant.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Spot the Difference


If i had recently been lying on a psyciatrists couch I'm sure that he (let's face it, he's a man) would have come to the conclusion that my general insanity comes from that small dark place in my head where I store all memories of terrifying movies I watched as a child. And he's right. No wonder I pay him so well in those sweet, sweet imaginary dollars.
What were they thinking back then? And you know the worst thing? They try to smooth it over now, like we're the insane ones and it was never terrifying... Look at what they have done to the new cover of The Water Babies. Does the picture on the right even teensily resemble the terrifying 1978 animation on the left? No, he looks like a strapping young boy enjoying a friendly frolic in fairyland, not a terrifying whitey freak singing 'hie cocalorum' with a scottish lobster and a french muscateer swordfish in Dead Man's Pool (or some similarly named evil green body of water).
And hang on... where did the happy rat and his friend the frog come from? I'm fairly certain that there were no such characters. You can't just invent characters on the DVD cover! It's the whole Empire Records dog scandal all over again. Stay tuned for the next installment of Terrifying Childhood Movies.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone actually remember the story lines of astroboy??? TRAUMA! thats all i gotta say...

11:55 AM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger PardonmYspAnish said...

i used ta love waterbabys. I remember going to see it at the cinema twice. It always weirded me out how it switched to animation for no good reason. WHy didn't they just drown hundreds and hundreds of stunt doubles? Remember when whitey boy came down the chicks' chimeny and made her white room all fucking black? bwahahaha. ANd yeah, there was totally a dog. It drowned or something towards the end. YOU HAVEN'T MENTIONED THE LAST UNICORN!!!

10:51 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Working Class Dan said...

I had a hie cocalorum once. But after I finished the course of tablets the doctor gave me he said I didn't have hie cocalorum anymore.

That was the happiest day of my life.

7:12 AM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

"i used ta love waterbabys"
josh the copywriter.

5:08 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

Sorry, i was angered re the gilmore girls comment.

5:45 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home