Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pert, The Ole West, Australia

Rikki makes annoying ads and likes hilarious things.
She hates people who believe in star signs because a
tarot card reader once told her she was pregnant.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Bike Bubble

This morning i saw several people riding to work. One of them wasn't wearing a shirt. I thought his back hair was going to attack me if i got too close. One woman was wearing pretty pink patterny bike shorts and pink socks. And sandals. Another was wearing lime green leggings and a flap-hat.
Does the fact that you're riding a bike somehow render you outside the realms of common decency? Are you struggling with a family curse which magically transfigures you into some kind of Bag Lady when buttock touches saddle? Is there some kind of Bike Bubble that makes it ok to wear outfits from the dress-up box?
You've got a lot to answer for, ride-to-work set.

9 Comments:

Blogger ThomP said...

Careful... Me be bike boy. My disfigurment is that because of the type of riding i do, i get dubbed "XTREME". Which kinda makes me feel ill. Please don't judge me by my imposed social label:(

12:10 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

I'm only referring to the ride-to-work set :)

12:13 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger ThomP said...

Few, I would never do anything so practical on one of my bikes. I'm so impractical that i have 2, and neither of them are any good for actual commuting.

1:43 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Wezzo said...

Yeeha yaself. Cool blog, which I'm sure is what you wanted to get us to check out when you left a two syllable comment on our blog.

6:40 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

It's all about the cluster map now.

6:59 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Wezzo said...

OK cool, now I understand - trying to get them hits up.

Do you remember how you stumbled upon our blog.

8:37 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger japalinka said...

this seems to be a common occurance--you stumble on a blog, leave a comment and your blog is checked out by a new person. i like that.
thanx for the comment. however did you find me, am glad you did. like your blog lots.

10:24 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

looking at blogs from south africa as you do

8:06 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Me?

I blame ThomP.

8:22 PM, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home