Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pert, The Ole West, Australia

Rikki makes annoying ads and likes hilarious things.
She hates people who believe in star signs because a
tarot card reader once told her she was pregnant.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Milo the Bush Kangaroo

I was in the kitchen at work and thought I'd put together a photo-essay on Milo for my American pals. It's not so much a 'photo-essay' as a 'photo' really, but it endeavours to show the story of Milo anyhow.

I've included both full cream milk and it's fat-reduced brethren so you don't get confused and think you can only use the one variety... Plus I have included the milo in three states; tinned (as it's found in the wild), powdered all over the floor and dissolved in a delicious drink. I've neglected to depict the Milo in other states (cold, sprinkled on icecream, etc) but I have a job, people.

You may have noticed the light emanating from behind the Milo. This is to illustrate how the Milo goes 'laaaaa' like the sun rising over the mountains.

Ps. See how yummy our milk is? In the most unoffensive way possible, your US of A milk is not fit to be in the presence of our delicious Milo. It tastes like powdery water. When I was there I was afraid to put it on my morning bowl of sugar lollies.
I mean Cereal.

16 Comments:

Blogger Lori Witzel said...

I bow before the Superior Beverage.

(Now I have a yen to travel to your land, where happy cows give forth Much Better Milk, and Milo tins open to the sound of The Music of the Spheres...)

;-)

Will swap you some Tex-Mex fixins (canned chipotles, masa harina for corn tortillas, other sundries and a cookbook) for a Tin of Fabled Milo...

8:03 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

First of all, just because most American milk sucks, don't assume we don't have delicious organic milk which could kick your milk's ass. :-) I want some Milo sent to me pronto, how many times do I need to ask?

And yes, people are putting unnecessary Z's in their words, but I can't control them. Being a Libra I am focused on balance and making sure people are happy. Oh, I forgot you don't like people who believe in Star Signs because you are pregnant with Elvis's baby. :-)

10:22 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

So, I wheedle for Milo using charm, drollery and the promise of cuisine exchange, and Willie claims his Milo due with chutzpah and prickly humor.

Rikki -- who gets the Milo?

5:24 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

Hmmm. I think there has to be some kind of Amazing Task to see who is the True Deserver Of The Milo...

11:51 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger ThomP said...

I already got(z) the milo!!! HAHAHAHAAAA. Just jump on a plane for 20hrs and WHAMMO, you are in the land of milo!!! Accomodation is cheap as our alley's are quite safe

2:45 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

Ps. I apologise deeply for offending your bovine accomplices, Rrramone. But just for the record, all of our cows are happy and free, not just the organic ones :)
I'm a cancererian, what does that say about me? (apart from that i'm pregnant)

4:38 PM, April 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever experienced the milo cough?

7:43 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Rikki,

Congrats on being preggers! Is this your first?? And you didn't offend me. America offends me enough as it is. :-) Glad to hear all your cows are in a good way. So what is the Amazing Task that you are referring to that may result in my getting some Milo?? I'm up for the challenge. :-)

Take good care of yourself!

9:07 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

D'oh. I realize you may have been joking about being pregnant, so now I have no idea what to say. Waiting for cue. ;-)

9:08 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

Thanks I will add your link on the directory

7:39 AM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

yes. joking.
well now i feel uncomfortable...
:)

8:29 AM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

The Milo Cough!!!
Indeed i have :)

8:40 AM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Pick me! Pick me!

My training program to prep for Winning the Milo:

AM: 30 minutes sitting meditation focused on dissolving random thoughts in the richness of Milo Mindfulness

MIDDAY: Aerobic, anaerobic, and antiaerobic exercises while practicing Milo Mindfulness

PM: Evening writing in my Milo Journal

WEEKENDS: Target practice plinking Nestle Quik off fence-posts with a BB gun (this is Texas, after all)

10:17 AM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

Lori, you're so close to acheiving pure Milosity! Let your contemplation continue and we shall see...

3:11 PM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger S. Stephani Soejono said...

lol.

We have Milo in Indonesia. My grade school back home would give free Milo+milk once a month

4:11 PM, April 20, 2006  
Blogger S. Stephani Soejono said...

Ooh! When's the baby due?

4:12 PM, April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home