Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pert, The Ole West, Australia

Rikki makes annoying ads and likes hilarious things.
She hates people who believe in star signs because a
tarot card reader once told her she was pregnant.

Monday, February 13, 2006

And the Winner is...

A film that boasts, 'A Hair Raising Comedy!'
A film that inspired such comments as:

"I thought the plot of the movie was a nightmare i had. But recounting my nightmare to people they said there was no way that was a kids movie."

"I vividly recall ejecting the tape from our VCR and smashing it to pieces with my brother. We might have set it aflame, too."

"What kind of movie tells little children that expectant mothers eat dirt?"


"I once broke my toe and it made me cry...just like this movie"

This person was so freaked out that she had to invent a word to describe it.

"I have NEVER, NEVER seen a childrens movie that was so weird and absurdistic as this one."

The Peanut Butter Solution.
Basically it's that old, old tale we've heard a thousand times. Boy goes into haunted house, boy gets so scared his hair falls out, boy creates a magical hair regrowth paste out of peanut butter, boys hair never stops growing, boy's evil teacher kidnaps boy to use his hair to make paintbrushes which boy's teacher uses to create magical paintings that you can walk into, eventually leading to his own demise. How many times have we heard that old chestnut.

Never. And there's a bloody good reason for that. It's freaking terrifying.
Not to mention the strange sub-plot where the mum goes away and the 10 year old daughter starts to behave like a 40 year old woman in her stead, or the fact that Celine Dion composed the soundtrack.

Take your freaky paintbrushes and ghosts and blenders and wigs and sugar trails and paintings and get the hell away from me!

I did, however, like the random Asian kid who always wanted 'delicious grapes'.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rikki said...

Oh Neckface... your secret identity is safe with me :) Ima make you watch it one day.

1:55 PM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's about tonight if you think you has... (the balls)

2:17 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

Oh, like a date?

2:24 PM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hella yes. Nude date on the moon

3:27 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger ThomP said...

This is a horrid display of horridity, i insist that you stop it at once... DIRTY...

3:28 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger PardonmYspAnish said...

I wish I had neckface. Then I'd show them. Show them ALL. And besides burnsy, you has no ending on yor shitty dvd rip. Let us reget it out and maka it work good this time. To the Planet!

10:46 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

I... just don't know if i can...... surely it's best to close the door, but do i really want to go into the room again?
That's some deep metaphoring there.

8:56 AM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home